Review: Cresco Labs Green Line OG (Hybrid)

 

Hello and welcome to another review! Today's review is of Green Line OG flower from Cresco Labs. This came from an Illinois dispensary a bit ago and It's gotten some use, from me. This flower is from Cresco's Refresh Line, indicating that it is a Hybrid strain. Green Line is a 50/50 strain of Indica and Sativa but, in my opinion, it leans a bit more to the Sativa side. This is a great strain for medical use, as it is a fairly potent painkiller. It has no sedative effects, so my suggestion is to use this one as a daytime smoke. You can get stuff done!


 This batch of GLOG came in at 23.6% THC. Depending on the batch and the grower you can certainly find it at lower or higher concentrations of THC. And, as you can see from the nicely informative label, the primary terpenes in this one are Cymene and Limonene, that made for a kind of nice taste.

 

The buds were nicely frosted with trichomes, outside and in. They were a bit dry, as I have come to expect from Cresco's flower, but dropping a Boveda pack in the jar made a huge improvement! But, there was just a tic more flower in the jar than advertised, and that's nice! The buds, while still in the jar, smelled nicely floral, with definite citrus notes and some woodiness. 




 

Now, on to the really good stuff, consuming it!

As usual, I tried this out a few ways, to find the optimal method of consuming it. First up, filling my vaporizer and seeing how it goes. The GLOG had a much more prominent aroma when ground, woody, citrus, some gassy notes and a hint of diesel, strangely enough.

 




 

This flower ground up very nicely and packed my Boundless CFX well. I started off low, as usual, to get a taste of the terpenes in this strain. I was not disappointed! At 350 degrees Green Line is very flavourful, with the citrus and woody notes being dominant. After that session I was mildly lifted, relaxed and with a bit of haziness coming on. Time to crank the heat!

At 370 I was getting heavier wood taste and the citrus taste was coming on the exhale. At the end there were even some pine notes. The high was definitely starting after this. It was providing pain relief and I was very relaxed with a nice head high, but I was not stoned, at all.

I drove the temperature up to 400 to finish and got lots of vapor and mint taste as the bud gave up the last bits. It didn't add a lot to the high, but it left me clear headed and medicated well!

This is a nice flower for dry herb vaping. But do add a humidity pack to get the necessary moisture for a good vape!

Next up, (not the same day) I added the ground flower to my favourite bowl and broke out my lighter!



This time around, I got smokers taste. It wasn't as tasty as a vape, some mint and lots of wood flavours. While it may have lacked in taste, it excelled in the area that was most important. After 2 hits I could feel it creeping up on me. After 7, which finished it off, I was very high, had no pain and a clear head. This was, and is, a very functional high. It also comes, when smoked like this, with a great body high, (hence the painkilling effect). 

And now, my last method on this run, was to pack a joint. I popped the ground flower in a Raw cone, packed it down and gave it a light. Sorry no pictures on this one. After 4 hits on this (about half of it) I was good and medicated. Nicely high but still very functional. I went out and did my yard work and it was pain free.

My conclusions:

Green Line OG is a great medical or recreational flower. While it is very nice when vaped, it shines when you set it on fire in a bowl, bong or joint! This flower is a smokers joy! Just do not smoke it in the evening, as it has no sedative effects. If you're planning on staying up at night, though...give it a hit! This is good strain for daytimers and pain patients!

- *M*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Verano Reserve Hybrid: Wedding Cake (Flower)

Monday Links, News And Reviews 6/14/21

Review: Verano Private Stock: Mag Landrace Flower