Review: Verano Private Stock: Mag Landrace Flower

 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Today's review is of another Verano product, Mag Landrace Flower, from their Private Stock line. I have become a real fan of Verano's products (as you can see by previous reviews) and have managed to pick up a few of their more excellent products lately. I chose the Mag Landrace on a whim, after some research into it and, I must say, that it was not a bad idea to get this one. I am primarily an Indica user, so this pure landrace variety was intriguing. How can you possibly say no to a strain that is as old and potent as this one? Well, I can't! And I have not regretted it, at all. This strain is worth a toke or two. And, if you're a medical user. there are some real benefits to this one.

 
As you can see, this batch came in at a nice 25.36% THC. That's pretty darned good in my book. I do wish that Verano, and the other companies would let us know the terpene profiles of their cannabis. That should be a prominent bit of information.
 


As seems to be the case with all the premium Verano flower I have come across, this jar was sealed and had a Boveda pack in it. The flower was a bit dry and the Boveda pack was rock solid, so it wasn't doing a great job of keeping the flower as humid as it could have. The aroma, however was nice. Hoppy, citrus notes like grapefruit and a hint of wood. It was covered with trichomes but not heavily. It was shot through with orange, brown and purple threads and leaf. This is a nice looking strain. There were also good trichomes inside, after the breakup. And it smelled a bit more powerful, as well.

As you can see above, the nuggs aren't huge, but you don't get shorted. I have yet to find a Verano flower where I did not get just a tad more than advertised. 

 

 
As you can see, these aren't the largest buds, but they were nicely packed. After replacing the humidity pack with a new one and waiting a day, these buds had gotten some of their moisture back and were even a tic sticky, in some cases. They ground up nicely and it was time to get to consuming! My first try of this was with my Yocan Hit, (I'll cover that implement some time in the future, but it has been replaced by a new and better dry herb vaporiser). 


 
As usual, I started out in a lower temperature setting. I do like to get a good idea of the real taste of what I am vaping. This is one of the odder strains I have tasted. It had hints of coffee, something I can only describe as leathery and woody. It didn't produce a lot of vapour but it was tasty. At higher temps I got more vapour but the taste dulled and it actually became a bit harsh. 
Now, the effects of this strain are also different than the normal, non-landrace strains. I started to feel it after I had finished up the higher temp smokes, and it started in the eyes and face and spread into a nice, light body high. I got a great deal of pain relief with this one load and was lifted into a better mood. Anxiety just melted away. The best aspect of this was that I could still focus and while I was high, I was not stoned. And, while this helped me with sleep later in the evening, it did not make me sleepy, at all on the front end. There was also no cottonmouth with this, (regardless of how I ingested it). That's nice!
And, as an anecdotal feature, my usually high blood pressure dropped into a lower range, (yes, I check this when I medicate. I'm gathering my own cannabis and BP data). 


 
 The next day, I broke out my trusty bowl and tested out how this Mag Landrace was when it was smoked. The answer? This strain has been cultivated for who knows how many centuries and it was cultivated with smoking in mind. Vaping it was good! But, you pack a bowl or water pipe with this and you will be in for a treat. This herb was meant to be touched with fire. The taste profile on it, when smoked, is minty with some woody notes. Reminds me of many other strong Indica strains. The high is much more intense but comes on the same. It starts in the eyes and face and quickly becomes a body high that provides great pain relief, relaxation and rest. The focus on this one is not as great as when vaped, but it still doesn't leave you non-functional or couch locked. 

Whether you are a medical user, or recreational, you cannot go wrong with this one. Everything about it screams Indica Queen, but it also has some of aspects you look for in a Sativa, (the focus, and energising). Don't pass this one up! It is a "fine wine" among strains.

-*M*




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Verano Reserve Hybrid: Wedding Cake (Flower)

Monday Links, News And Reviews 6/14/21